TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE WORK THAT LIONS DO ON A NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SCALE PLEASE TAKE A LOOK HERE:
MISSION STATEMENT OF LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL
"To empower volunteers to Serve their communities, meet humanitarian needs,
encourage peace and promote international understanding through Lions Clubs"
OUR 'INTERNATIONAL PURPOSES' ARE:
- TO CREATE and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- TO TAKE an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- TO UNITE the clubs in bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- TO PROVIDE a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest, provided, however that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- TO ENCOURAGE service minded people to serve their community without financial reward and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavours.
Our aim is to help, wherever possible, those in need in and beyond our local community, at the same time, have fun and enjoy social activities.
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY
During the past twelve months we have financed and helped:
Babichi Orphanage (Belarus) - Tenerife Holiday Project for Disabled Youngsters - Eastbourne Borough Youth Football Club - TACADE (Promoting Young Peoples Health & Wellbeing) - Lions International 'Sight First II' (Helping preventable blindness) - Message in a Bottle (Help for the vulnerable and/or elderly) Alzheimer's Society -Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal - ENT Laser Appeal (Eastbourne District General Hospital) - Royal National Lifeboat Institution - Demelza House Children's Hospice - The Sequal Trust (Communication equipment for the disabled) - St Wilfred's Hospice - The Boys Brigade 3rd Eastbourne Company - The Girls Brigade -
Eastbourne Voluntary Lifeguards - Hailsham Trefoil Guild - Warriors Youth Club - Operation Florian (Training to improve fire fighting and rescue) - Christian Lewis Trust (Children's Cancer Charity) - RAFA Club - Sussex Air Ambulance - Krugersdorp (South Africa) Lions Club (Teddy Project) - Senior Citizens Outing and Tea - Disabled Swimming Gala - Special 'It's a Knockout' for the Disabled - Peace Poster Competition - Eye glasses and Hearing aids to the third world -
Plus many other organisations and deserving individual appeals for help.
100% of the money raised from the following has been used to fund those we have helped:
Christmas Town Centre and Street Collecting - Casino Night - Vintage Motor Cycle Meet and Run -
Grand Summer Draw - Swimathon - Concerts - Easter Egg Hunt.
Plus a variety of smaller events.